Units in NOMAD
In the past, the metainfo was relying on SI units. All units in the metainfo where SI and we provide a global setting for display units in the GUI. This is not good enough for ELNs and other A/B use-cases.
- people manually enter numbers
- the used units can be vastly different, even within a single section, archive, upload.
- store either the unit used or a display unit as part of the data; the metainfo only defines the general physics unit "dimension", e.g. length, time, pressure, ...
- allow to define specific display unit per definition that overwrites any global defaults (partially resolved in #811 (closed))
- support units that use magnitude prefixes/suffixes. E.g. (milli, pico, terra, or percent?)