Enhance typical NOMAD workflows before public release
We want to present NOMAD v1 in video tutorials mid Feb 2022. This will show-case how to use NOMAD for typical workflows: publishing data, using the new search, exploring archive and metainfo. There are still a lot of smaller issues performing these workflows
This is a long list of issues. It probably has to be broken down into smaller issues.
- beta release with link on the nomad-lab.eu page; also needs a link to the test upload installation
- editing metadata is still the old version
- cannot create datasets explicitly?
- error on loading the datasets page
- edit members dialog improve text
- edit members dialog typing "Claudia" makes the options disappear
- edit members: members table is inset
- edit members: can change co-authors after publish
- edit members: API does not allow to alter reviewers after publish (API error is not rendered very well)
- deleting and upload might not correctly lead you back to the uploads list (Check the loop)
- uploads page download button does not work
- [ignored] better and consistent placement of "create" buttons
- [ignored] move/add shell upload to upload page
- UploadsPage: order of uploads
- UploadPage: download does not work
- UploadPage: paddings
- DatasetPage: Can be deleted if it is empty (Should be handled also in API)
- UploadPage: Sometimes publish does not work (It depends on the contents of the files)
- UploadPage: Edit button for published uploads
- UploadPage(Metadata Dialog): Disable delete button for datasets with DOI
- The edit button on the processing table says "manage upload members" it should be "edit author metadata"
- When we say metadata on the uploads page, it usually should say "author metadata". We use "author metadata" to denote the sub-set of entry metadata that can be changed by authors.
- Currently you can assign a DOI for datasets with unpublished (or no entries) in it. This is a problem with the API and the GUI.
- If entries have a dataset with DOI, I can't add another dataset. The api complains that we try to change the existing DOI dataset
The validator for references is not proper. Some lib to parse urls should be used. Currently I can add
not§a&domain/invalid??&as a reference.
The entries table says
n search results. It should say
n entr(y|ies) in the upload.
- default sort order uploads page
- do not scroll down on upload page
- opening the edit on https://nomad-lab.eu/prod/v1/gui/user/uploads/upload/id/u08bpKUoRyGU6x0-nDCqyA causes an error
- the datasets have no pagination
- edit dialog does not show datasets without typing something
- [ignored] edit dialog shows all datasets not just owned ones
- [ignored] need to show datasets of all authors in upload edit dialog
- [ignored] api might allow to change entries of non owned datasets?
- there is no confirm on publish
- lots of react warnings on the upload page
- metadata edit: you cannot remove->commit, add->commit a dataset (#730 (closed))
- there is no members invite on the manage upload members dialog
- invalid dates on some datasets
- no 1d, 2d, or surfaces exist .. probably a processing issue?
- formula suggestions are not enough? Cannot search NaCl for example (see issue #718 (closed))
- enhanced rendering of space group symbol (not modified for now: would introduce a discrepancy between filter value and rendered value)
- only one EELS entry
- eels processing does not add the eels authors as origin
not processedfrom enum values (e.g. functional)
- add search for exact functional name
- there are no workflow information in the filters (add simple checkboxes for workflows)
- authors statistic should only show "<main_author>" until we have better solution (instead we should disable statistics for authors for now)
- [ignored] better/fixed layout for entry details
- [ignored] long dataset names on entry details (same on entry page)
- don't show relaxation trajectory if only the final result is present (currently hidden in GUI only, needs another issue to track the root cause)
- API button with dialog on certain example scripts; search and entry overview
The edit dialog source code should be moved from
- replace the "Material Encyclopedia" menu entry with a link to the old Encyclopedia. The materials search is not yet mature enough; the index is still somewhat messed up
- workflow aggs are toooo slow
react_devtools_backend.js:4045 Error: Minified React error #300; visit https://reactjs.org/docs/error-decoder.html?invariant=300 for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings. at Ya (react-dom.production.min.js:153:394) at Do (react-dom.production.min.js:175:309) at Po (react-dom.production.min.js:175:139) at vs (react-dom.production.min.js:268:269) at ul (react-dom.production.min.js:246:265) at sl (react-dom.production.min.js:246:194) at Qs (react-dom.production.min.js:239:172) at react-dom.production.min.js:123:115 at scheduler.production.min.js:19:467 at Hi (react-dom.production.min.js:122:325) overrideMethod @ react_devtools_backend.js:4045 es @ react-dom.production.min.js:209 n.payload @ react-dom.production.min.js:227 ca @ react-dom.production.min.js:129 Io @ react-dom.production.min.js:179 vs @ react-dom.production.min.js:263 ul @ react-dom.production.min.js:246 sl @ react-dom.production.min.js:246 Qs @ react-dom.production.min.js:239 (anonymous) @ react-dom.production.min.js:123 (anonymous) @ scheduler.production.min.js:19 Hi @ react-dom.production.min.js:122 Wi @ react-dom.production.min.js:123 Gi @ react-dom.production.min.js:122 Xs @ react-dom.production.min.js:230 mo @ react-dom.production.min.js:163 (anonymous) @ recoil.js:3622 replaceState @ recoil.js:3831 $e @ recoil.js:997 Ze @ recoil.js:1020 Qe @ recoil.js:1063 (anonymous) @ recoil.js:4718 I @ SearchContext.js:782 (anonymous) @ SearchContext.js:797 Promise.then (async) (anonymous) @ SearchContext.js:797 h @ lodash.js:10401 y @ lodash.js:10450 g @ lodash.js:10438 setTimeout (async) (anonymous) @ lodash.js:6710 m @ lodash.js:10409 b @ lodash.js:10478 (anonymous) @ SearchContext.js:841 (anonymous) @ SearchContext.js:849 is @ react-dom.production.min.js:211 vl @ react-dom.production.min.js:257 (anonymous) @ scheduler.production.min.js:19 Hi @ react-dom.production.min.js:122 ml @ react-dom.production.min.js:257 Qs @ react-dom.production.min.js:239 (anonymous) @ react-dom.production.min.js:123 (anonymous) @ scheduler.production.min.js:19 Hi @ react-dom.production.min.js:122 Wi @ react-dom.production.min.js:123 Gi @ react-dom.production.min.js:122 vl @ react-dom.production.min.js:257 (anonymous) @ scheduler.production.min.js:19 Hi @ react-dom.production.min.js:122 ml @ react-dom.production.min.js:257 (anonymous) @ react-dom.production.min.js:256 F @ scheduler.production.min.js:17 (anonymous) @ scheduler.production.min.js:14
The line numbers are not totally accurate due to minification. But they make somewhat sense.
- all entry_ids and upload_ids in the UI should be links (similar to datasets)
- "only compositions with these elements"-checkbox is not working, #731 (closed)
- no vector notation for string/label lists
- vector notation leaves space for additional row
- [ignored] select "all defined" as a default?
- archive browser search should be similar to archive filter
- "view data in archive" buttons do not use the right router path and users leave the search entry route
- don't use the "archive" label and use "processed data" instead?
- API button with dialog on certain example scripts (could also use one on raw files)
- [ignored] this is getting to special, at least there is a proper message: authors break the browser
results.materialbreak the browser
- springer classification break the browser