Speccy feature requests
Possible future enhancements to speccy
- Add a "No Idea" button
- sets Z=-1,Z_CONF=0,CLASS=NONE
- Add a "line picker" tool
- Allows the user to select a common emission line (e.g. MgII,[OII],Hbeta,[OIII],Halpha etc) and then click on the plot at the location where they think this line lies. Speccy will then change the current redshift to the appropriate value to make the selected transition line up with the x-value of the cursor position.
- Modularise and refactor the code
- Separate out all graph plotting routines to a stand-alone .js file
- define objects that are used to pass variables (i.e. remove globals)
- separate modules to read different types of spectral files
- Build an interface to read FITS files??
- Show SDSS(eBOSS) target flag info for objects
- Add an "options" parameter that allows single character options to be passed to speccy via the URL
- Add a table of emission/absorption lines to bottom of page
- Add more built-in spectral templates, check that those that are currently used are actually free to be distributed
- Add a table listing all of the templates with references to bottom of page