Before installing BioEM
- Check that the compiler is a modern C++ compiler which is OpenMP compliant.
- Preinstall the libraries: FFTW (minimal version 3.3.3) and boost (minimal version 1.57).
- Optional but encouraged to use preinstall:
- CMake (minimal version 2.6)
- CUDA (minimal version 5.5)
- MPI: Message Passing Interface.
Installing with CMake
CMake contains all the instructions to generate automatically a Makefile according to the specific architecture of the computing node, and the desired features of parallelization. CMake uses the CMakeLists.txt file, which has several modifiable options, that should be enabled/disabled (ON/OFF, respectively) according to the desired functionalities.
- These features are:
- CUDA_FORCE_GCC (Force of GCC as host compiler for CUDA part)
These options can be enabled or disabled by executing cmake with: -DOptionname=ON/OFF
Steps for installation
- Create a build directory in the main BioEM directory, and access it by - mkdir build && cd build
- Run CMake with the desired options and the CMakeLists.txt file - cmake -DOptionname1=ON -DOptionname2=OFF ../CMakeLists.txt
- After generating the Makefile, execute it
- If this process is successful a bioEM executable should be generated.